Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fried Brinjal /Vazhuthanaga/Baingan In Yoghurt

Today I am glad to share another recipe with all my friends.It has been 3 months since I update my blog.Many blogger friends have been asking why I am not updating my blog.I have been very busy with my vacation in Kerala.

I have learned so many new recipes during these days in Kerala. I tried this dish for the first time.There are a couple of versions of Dahi Baingan one of which is this particular  recipe that I noted in my recipe files.A creamy style sabji that makes for a lovely side dish with roti's(chapathi).It goes well with steamed rice too. I am sure you all will love this dish with a new flavor.

I have made this dish for this month's Potluck Party-Cyber Style hosted by jagruti.

Here is the recipe....


Ingredients:
  1. Brinjal-5,medium size
  2. Turmeric powder-a couple of pinches
  3. Cumin seeds-1/2tsp
  4. Onion-2, finely chopped
  5. Green chilly-3, finely chopped
  6. Chilly powder-2tsp
  7. Tomato-2, finely chopped
  8. Yoghurt-250ml
  9. Coriander leaves-1/4cup, chopped 
  10. Salt to taste  
  11. Cooking oil-as required

Method:
  • Wash brinjal and cut them into medium size cubes.
  • Marinate these pieces in turmeric powder and salt.
  • Keep aside for atleast 15 minutes.
  • Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated brinjal.
  • Keep aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan.Splutter cumin seeds.
  • Add chopped onion and saute for 4-5 minutes.Saute till it turns light golden brown colour.Add green chillies into this and saute again for few minutes.
  • Add tomato pieces into this and saute well.Add salt,saute again.
  • Now add chilly powder and turmeric powder into this and saute till the oil separates from it.
  • Now add the fried brinjal pieces into this and mix it well.
  • Transfer this into a bowl and add yoghurt.Mix it well.
  • Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rice or chapathi &Enjoy.....

Happy Cooking!!!
LOTUS
 

Sending this recipe to jagruti's Potluck Party-Cyber Style



6 comments:

  1. very good recipe.. do we need to deep fry the brinjal or just shallow fry is enough ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep fry the brinjal pieces....good taste....you can do shallow fry also.....

      Delete
  2. Happy to see u back after a long, delicious dish..Inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear priya......hope you also will try this recipe soon.....

      Delete